Except you earn more than enough money than you ever need to spend, save, and invest then there is a huge chance you could use some extra money.
Maybe you do not earn enough money from your full-time job, you need some extra money to save towards a goal, you are a student trying to learn and earn or you are just trying to max out your earning potential because, why not?
Regardless of the category you fall under and your reasons for wanting a second job, it is important to note that this is an increasingly common phenomenon. And you are not alone.
If you are trying to land a part-time job but you do not know how to go about it, then you have come to the right place.
We have put together concise and accurate information to help you successfully land a well-paying part-time job.
Through the course of this article, we will enlighten you on some of the high demand and most convenient part-time jobs you can apply for; how to apply and get hired.
Every day, new part-time job opportunities are posted. Let us go through the best platforms to hunt and apply for part-time jobs.
5 BEST PART TIME JOBS
- Freelancing: Freelancing is the act of selling a talent or skill to clients who need your services.
- People who engage in freelancing are called freelancers.
- There are freelance writers, designers, legal advisers, editors and proofreaders, financial advisers/experts, consultants, photographers, and more.
- As long as you have a skill, talent, or qualification that can be monetized, then you can become a successful freelancer if you remain consistent. It is the job of a freelancer to build their client base from the scratch, and this is why you need to be consistent.
- There are freelance platforms like Upwork and Fiverr, that make it easier for freelancers to meet paying clients from anywhere in the world.
- Almost anyone can work as a freelancer, your work hours and salary are flexible and decided by you.
- Tutoring: Tutoring is providing assistance or tutelage to one or more persons on certain subject areas or skills, in exchange for money.
- A person who engages in tutoring is called a tutor.
- Tutors offer academic or extracurricular coaching to their students to help them improve or to prepare them for an examination.
- If you have a skill or you are very knowledgeable on a particular subject, then you should consider teaching what you know as a part-time job, and you can get handsomely rewarded for it.
- The internet has even broadened the scope of tutoring. With platforms like Chegg and SkillShare, you can conveniently teach people remotely.
- Customer Service: Customer service or Customer support is the department in a company that is responsible for relating to the customers.
- They help customers understand the product and company policies better.
- They also help customers and potential customers have an easy, enjoyable experience.
- A customer service representative communicates with customers on behalf of the company, either in person, via mail, website chat, video chat, or phone calls.
- They address customer needs and concerns and make sure the feedback is relayed back to the appropriate teams.
- Many customer service representatives work remotely, and the work hours are usually flexible.
- A high school diploma or its equivalent should be enough qualification to land a job as a customer service representative.
- Driving: One of the best ways to earn extra money is by transporting people to their destinations.
- Ride-hailing platforms like Uber and Lyft have made it much easier and flexible for people to work as drivers and make money.
- If you own a car and a driver’s license with some free time, then you may want to consider registering as a driver on a ride-hailing platform.
- Different ride-hailing companies have policies for people willing to become drivers, check on their websites for more information.
- Real Estate Agent: Real estate agents or realtors are people licensed by the state to represent buyers or sellers to negotiate sales agreements and manage the documentation required for closing real estate transactions.
- Working as a real estate agent can be very rewarding if you are successful at it.
- All you have to do is network to find prospective clients, conduct property tours, help your clients compare properties and make good decisions based on their needs, also guide clients through the process of selling their properties.
- Negotiation skills are very important when it comes to working as a real estate agent. You would need to negotiate the best deals that are favorable to your client.
- Real estate agents typically earn from commissions on successful sales.
TOP WEBSITES FOR FINDING PART TIME JOBS
- Upwork: Upwork is the largest freelance platform in the world.
- Upwork offers high-quality freelance job listings across major sectors, including writing, engineering, customer service, administrative service, design, etc.
- You need to create a profile and submit proposals to start getting jobs on Upwork.
- Indeed: Indeed is the largest job search website in the world.
- The website caters to different job types, both full-time and part-time.
- Jobseekers can make use of Indeed’s advanced search engine to find part-time employment that they are interested in. Indeed is free to use for job seekers.
- Snagajob: Snagajob is the top job site for hourly jobs. Over 700,000 employers make use of the website to advertise part-time and full-time job vacancies.
- You can make use of job search filters to find part-time jobs that suit you by using the “part-time” keyword.
- Chegg: Chegg is one of the biggest tutoring sites. It allows anyone interested in tutoring to register and earn money regardless of their degrees.
- Tutors are paid according to the number of minutes they work per week.
- Chegg also allows tutors to specialize in subjects like music and art.
- Skillshare: Skillshare is a platform where users learn a wide variety of topics online by watching high-quality videos at their own pace.
- Meanwhile, not many people are aware that registering as a teacher on Skillshare can be a really rewarding experience and a good part-time job.