Founded by the world’s richest person, Jeff Bezos in 1994, Amazon has grown to become the largest eCommerce company in the world.
In 2018, Amazon Inc. surpassed the 1 trillion-dollar market cap and raked in annual revenue of over 280 billion dollars in 2019.
Making it the most valuable retail company in the world. A title formerly held by the retail giant, Walmart.
Apart from being a retail company, Amazon is also an innovative Tech giant. It has subsidiaries in multiple sectors like e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and Artificial Intelligence.
Many talents in the US and around the globe would like to land jobs at Amazon, and the reason does not seem far-fetched.
If you have read this article up to this point, then I presume you want to know how to find a job at Amazon, you have come to the right place.
We will be showing you how to land your dream Amazon job.
JOB OFFERS ON AMAZON
Being one of the largest companies in the world, and the second-largest private employer in the US, Amazon offers a wide range of job categories.
You can choose a category based on your interest, skills, qualifications, and passions. Some of them include,
- Systems, Quality and Security Engineering
- Solutions Architect
- Supply Chain/Transportation management
- Software Development
- Sales, Advertising, and Account Management
- Research Science
- Public Relations and Communications
- Public Policy
- Medical, Health and Safety
- Human Resources
- Public Policy
- Machine Learning Science
- Investigation and Loss Prevention
- Hardware Development
- Fulfillment and Operations Management
- Editorial, Writing, and Content Management.
- Facilities, Maintenance, and Real Estate
- Database Administration
HOW TO ACCESS AND APPLY FOR AMAZON JOB OFFERS.
Let us show you how to access and apply for job offers advertised by Amazon.
- To apply for Amazon jobs, the first step is to visit the Amazon Job website, where you can find all the career opportunities currently available at Amazon.
- Through the Job website, you can search for and apply for jobs in any of Amazon’s teams, you can apply for student internships and full-time opportunities for students, you can apply for jobs in Amazon’s fulfillment centers, you can also apply for Amazon’s remote career opportunities, that enable you to work from home.
- Create an account on Amazon.jobs if you are yet to register. Important to note that you cannot use your usual Amazon.com account to apply for jobs, you must create and log in to a new Amazon jobs account.
- When you find the most suitable job offer based on your skills, interests, qualifications, or location. Read the detailed job description, basic qualifications, and Amazon’s preferred qualifications. Proceed to apply for the job.
- Amazon will contact you if you qualify for an interview. You can also track the progress of your application by logging in to your job portal.
- Amazon does not require cover letters; Resumes are also not mandatory if you do not have one. Just fill in your skills, experience, background, and educational achievements on the application form online.
AMAZON JOB INTERVIEW TIPS
- If you make it to the interview, it is important to learn about Amazon’s mission, vision, values, and company culture before the first phone interview.
- Most applicants, past and present employees of Amazon reported that the interview at Amazon is more of an inquisition than it is an interview. Amazon says it uses “behavioral-based interviewing”.
- The questions are usually constructed to evaluate your skills, conduct, and experience by knowing you and how you solved particular problems in the past.
- Questions like:
- “Tell me about a time you either missed or were close to missing a deadline, how did you handle it?”
- “Tell me about a time when you gave a simple solution to a complex problem”
- “Tell me about a time when you invented something”
- “Tell me about your proudest professional achievement” etc.
- Amazon conducts online Skill tests and Assessments to get to know potential employees better and to also measure key characteristics needed to succeed in the role they applied for.
- Amazon has two types of assessments; work style assessments and work sample simulations.
- For the work style assessments, you may be asked to choose a statement that best represents your work style.
- For the work sample simulations; you will be asked to complete virtual tasks similar to the problems you will be required to solve when you are hired for the role.
- According to Amazon, its assessments are centered around the company’s culture and leadership principles. Therefore, it is advised to have a proper grasp of the company culture and leadership principles while preparing for the skill tests and assessments.
- Due to the pandemic situation, Amazon interviews are currently conducted online, through Amazon’s teleconferencing platform, Amazon Chime.
Amazon’s interview difficulty score is 3.0/5.0 on Glassdoor.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT AMAZON.
Amazon’s benefits can vary by location, the number of regularly scheduled work hours, and job status. Below are some benefits of being an Amazon employee:
- Health Care: Amazon offers health savings account with employee and employer contributions. Health care coverage for you and eligible family members.
- 401(k): Amazon offers various plans to help its employees quickly achieve their financial plan.
- Competitive salary: Amazon offers competitive salaries and still gives room for salary negotiation. You can also negotiate non-salary benefits.
- Company-paid insurance: Amazon offers basic life and accidental death insurance for its employees. With the option to enroll for additional insurance coverage.
- Fully paid maternity and paternity leave
- Employee Discount: Amazon offers annual discounts to its employees on products shopped and shipped on Amazon.com.