This year, we are experiencing a global pandemic that went on to transform the corporate world.
To reduce the spread of the virus many workers were confined to working at home while many lost their jobs.
We witnessed more people working from home this year than we have ever witnessed in history. Thanks to COVID-19.
Meanwhile, before the pandemic, working from home was not a completely alien concept in the corporate world. In 2018, it was reported that at least 70% of the world worked remotely at least once a week.
And there were already 170 fully remote companies in the US.
Remote work has been in existence since the early beginnings of the ICT age. In 1973, Jack Niles, a physicist worked on a NASA communication system from home and is now regarded as the father of remote work.
This was 2 years before the invention of the first personal computer and 10 years before the internet was born.
And as early as in the 1980s, call-center employees have been working from home.
Working from home is very beneficial, particularly to employees, the earth, and even employers.
Little wonder why more people more than ever are embracing remote work.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FROM HOME (REMOTE WORK)
- Zero carbon emission from vehicles commuting to work.
- Employees save the cost of commuting to work (time and money)
- Talents from anywhere around the world have access to opportunities unavailable in their location and recruiters have access to a wider pool of talents.
- Lowered business expenses.
- Flexible working hours for employees.
If you desire to work from home but do not know how to go about it, keep reading till the end of this post.
Let us show you how to find job offers and work from home.
Upwork allows organizations, businesses, and individuals to hire freelance professionals from anywhere in the globe.
With more than 12 million registered freelancers and more than 5 million registered clients, Upwork is the largest freelance platform in the world.
Upwork is trusted by big companies like Microsoft and Airbnb to hire freelancers.
With an Upwork account, you can register as a Freelancer and showcase your skills to millions of clients and work from home.
Fiverr is an Israeli freelance platform, that was designed to unite freelancers with clients.Fiverr has well over 300 job categories.
Fiverr accommodates a diverse range of freelancers with a wide variety of skills to find clients who need their services.
Getting started on Fiverr is simple. You only need to create a freelancer account and start applying for jobs that match your interest, skill, and qualifications.
Execute these jobs from the comfort of your homeand start building your profile
Workana is an online marketplace where freelancers get to meet clients and vice versa.
Workana specializes in connecting clients with freelancers in Latin America, little wonder why it is dominated by Spanish speaking freelancers.
Workana is the go-to place if you need a freelancer that speaks native Portuguese or Spanish fluently.
Workana is most ideal for Latin-American talents and creatives looking for a stay at home job.
Freelancer is an Australian online market place where freelance professionals get hired by employers.
Although you can find all types of freelancers on Freelancer.com, the job categories which are most sought on the website are IT and software; design, architecture, and media & writing and content.
Freelancer has built a reputation for having inexpensive freelancers, so keep in mind that most employers on freelancer may not be willing to pay much and their gigs may be less tasking.
Just in case you know a thing or two about design, then 99desisgns is for you. it is a specialized platform for freelance designers.
If you are a skilled bat banner, logo, flyers, business card design, etc. Quickly sign up as a freelancer and start working from home.
If you consider yourself a highly placed professional in software development, design, or finance, then you should give Toptal a try.
Only about 3% of sign-ups get accepted because of the strict selection process. But the compensation on Toptal is unrivaled.
Several investment banks and Tech giants make use of Toptal to hire freelancers and get their job done.
Remote is an AI-powered platform that matches employers with remote job seekers or freelancers.
Take advantage of Remote’s AI-powered matching algorithm to land your dream stay at home job.
Textbroker is dedicated to helping businesses and individuals find the best content writers for all types of writing jobs.
Sign up on Textbroker to start writing blog posts, articles, website content, etc. from the comfort of your home, and get paid.
Guru is the platform for freelance consultants. If you consider yourself to be highly skilled, experienced, or qualified in your field.
And you will like to monetize your wealth of experience and knowledge then you should sign up on Guru.
TIPS ON HOW TO GET A JOB WORKING FROM HOME
- To land a good job working from home, start by acquiring valuable skills, knowledge, and/or certifications. Employers are always looking for top-notch writers, designers, developers, etc. It is up to you to position yourself to get hired. Due to the pandemic, more people are opting for full-time remote jobs, and the scene is getting competitive. You need to stand out from others to increase your chances of getting hired. Your skills, experience, and certifications are what will help you stand out.
- Do not accept more projects or jobs than you can do in the best possible time. Because you are working from home, and it is possible to accept as many offers as you want from various platforms does not mean you should do it. You only end up overwhelmed and your employers may not be happy with the quality of your work.