As the American economy attempts to recover from the crippling aftermath of the pandemic, it is imperative that the job market recovers.
The recovery of the job market is an integral part of an economic bounce back.
Although unemployment rates have been gradually reducing, it is still a far cry from what was obtainable pre-COVID-19.
What are “Hiring Now” or “Urgently Hiring” Jobs? These are job positions that employers need to urgently fill up.
The average processing time of a job application in the US is between 20-25 days, but with these categories of jobs, the processing time can be as fast as 24hours.
Sometimes, the employers may lower their expectations for these jobs, because they do not have much time to wait for a “superstar” to apply.
Whether you were laid off from your job, furloughed, been unemployed before the pandemic, or just need a new job as soon as possible; this article is for you.
In the course of this article, we will put you through how to find and apply for high demand job offers and job vacancies that need to be filled urgently.
WHERE TO FIND “HIRING NOW” JOB OPPORTUNITIES.
- Google for jobs: Google for jobs is Google’s online job board and a personal favorite.
- My favorite because it saves you the pain of having to go through all the job sites on the internet. It even shows you jobs from the career section of different companies.
- You have access to almost every job website’s search engine through just one search engine that aggregates results from all around the web.
- To use Google for jobs to find jobs hiring now around you, just type in “Jobs hiring now” or “jobs hiring now in *insert location*” on the google search engine and make use of the filters to filter your search further.
- Switch on the “New Jobs Alert” feature, to be notified of job openings that match your search immediately they are posted.
- Indeed.com: Indeed is the largest and most visited job board on the internet with as many as 250 million monthly visitors.
- Most employers make use of Indeed to advertise immediately hiring job openings.
- To find these jobs, log on to the website and type in “hiring immediately jobs” into the search box.
- Filter your search further by job type, experience, job category, salary, date posted, location, etc.
- Once you find the job that you desire, read the full job description and click on “apply now”.
- Simplyhired: Simplyhired is another useful online job search platform that enables you to easily find employers that are hiring immediately.
- The process is pretty straightforward. All you have to do is search for “hiring immediately jobs” in the website’s search engine.
- It would show you all the job openings that employers are urgently filling up.
- Apply filters to get accurate results that match your interests, skills, and qualifications.
- Monster: Monster updates their “companies now hiring” list every week.
- They rank the top 100 companies with the biggest and most urgent hiring needs.
- National Labor Exchange: The National Labor Exchange is the product of a public-private partnership between DirectEmployers and the National Association of State Workforce Agencies.
- They created a website where they share essential job opportunities with job seekers, from employers with urgent hiring needs.
- To apply, log on to the website and search for a job with your preferred keywords and location.
- Once you find a job title that suits your interests, qualification, and experience, click on “apply now”.
TIPS AND TRICKS ON HOW TO LAND HIRING NOW JOBS
- Be Prepared: We have established that jobs marked “hiring now” are usually treated with urgency by the employer, it is also important that you approach these jobs with a sense of urgency when you are applying.
- Get your resume ready and submit your application, else you risk missing out on the opportunity. This is not the time to start contemplating whether you should apply or not.
- Prepare your resume and cover letter, in such a way that you can easily customize them for the job position you are applying for.
- Make sure it perfectly suits you: You do not have to apply for every single job opening in your field that you can find.
- Ensure your interests, qualifications, and skills perfectly suit the role you are applying for.
- Remember that the employers do not have time to waste, so they would be going for the most qualified candidate. Do not apply for the job roles you are not qualified for or you are not fully interested in.
- Keep your resume concise and specific: Only highlight skills, experience, and qualifications that are relevant to the job role.
- Employers do not always waste time thoroughly assessing every applicant’s resume.
- Therefore, make sure your resume is specific to that job and straight to the point.
- Write a great cover letter: Employers may not spend so much time reviewing your resume, and this is why your cover letter has to catch your employers’ attention.
- Ensure your cover letter is specifically written for that job position. Go straight to the point and avoid irrelevant information.
- Talk about your experiences qualifications and how you intend to change the company. Do not forget to explain what sets you apart from other applicants.
- Get Referred by an Employee: Many companies incentivize existing employees to help them find and hire talented people.
- Employees are rewarded to recommend candidates from their network.
- A recommendation from an existing employee of the company may increase your chances of getting hired.
- Follow up your application: After a few days of submitting your application, send a follow-up mail.
- Thanking them for the opportunity and reiterating why are the perfect fit for them and why you want to work for them.
- Ensure a follow-up email is sent on time because employers speedily process applications for hiring now jobs.